IT officer position available at the Spanish Type Culture Collection – University of Valencia (CECT-UV), UV Science Park, Catedràtic Agustín Escardino Benlloch, 9, Paterna, Valencia.
Gross salary 38.000 €
The contract will be bounded to the project IS_MIRRI21, funded by Horizon 2020, to implement the Microbial Resource Research Infrastructure (MIRRI).
Official call and procedure to apply: Soon available.
For contact information see below.
Estimated commencement date and duration: From November 2021 to February 2023. Prolongation possible subject to the availability of funds and extension of the project.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology or a related field.
PROFILE OF THE WORKING POSITION
IT officer specialized in programming and database management.
- Experience in web development tools (jQuery, Vue.js, Agilent, BootStrap, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud services PaaS and SaaS
- Experience in relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and non-relational (MongoDB, etc.) database management systems
- Working experience in Internationally Distributed Research Infrastructures in particular, or at least in Research Infrastructures in general
- Participation in research projects related with biodiversity (preferably) or with Life Sciences (in general) would be an asset
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the MIRRI applications generated within the project
- Manage users according to specifications to ensure access and availability of the system resources
- Give IT support to MIRRI’s Central Coordinating Unit
- Contribute to the design of an interoperable virtual platform providing the MIRRI service offer, ensuring data privacy and security, in collaboration with the Center for Computer Graphics (CCG) based in Braga (Portugal)
- Contribute, together with CCG, in the development of a MIRRI virtual platform to compile, prepare, enrich, store and process a large amount of heterogeneous data (different sources and formats), allowing access to data services related to biological material (MIRRI-IS)
- Contribute, together with the MIRRI ICT team, to export the catalogue data of MIRRI Culture Collection partners to be incorporated into the MIRRI-IS database
- Act as a link of MIRRI-IS with CECT-UV, CCG and LifeWatch (Spain)
- Participate in the project’s tasks (assistance to meetings, elaboration of reports, etc.)
- Willingness to travel to different European cities, mainly to Braga